Well my painting table (the dinning table) is covered with work (marking and painting). I’ve decided that my Retribution Army needs to be painted, yes all of it. So I have the following on the go:
- 1 unit of 10 Dawnguard Sentinels plus attachment of Officer and Standard
- 1 unit of 10 Dawnguard Invictors plus attachment of Officer and Standard
- 1 unit of 10 Mage Hunter Strike Force plus attachment of Force Commander
- 2 Soulless Escorts
- Dawnlord Vyros
- 1 each of Phoenix, Manticore and Hydra
- Mage Hunter Assassin
- Dawnguard Scyir
- Ghost Sniper
- Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen (Mounted and dismounted)
That’s 49 figures (what was I thinking!?!?!?)
So last week I showed you the pictures of the 76 figures that I had assembled in one day, I made 99 by the end of the week. Only Paul had a go at identifying them so here are the answers.
Down the left hand side of this picture are 8 Heavy Weapons and 8 Troops for Firefight from Alternative Armies, then there are two Warmachine figures (a Widowmaker Marksman and Strakhov). Running along the board are the figures from Frontear another game from Alternative Armies, with one left on the board. The grey figrues are Urak-hai from Games Workshop and they are the only Plastics on the table. In the back middle are two figures for Urban War, and in front of them are the prize support from Wargods (the mysterious man, the rules lawyer and Leondis). There is also in that section a To-tanem Captain, a Wendigo Shaman and an Ice Witch. In front of them are four figures for Dark Age and a group of Samurai Cavalry (2 of which are from Dixon Miniatures). The final three figures at the back right (not those behind the tin) are for Rezolution and comprise a CSO Major and 2 troopers.
Ok so with two people on 4 Wins we probably should have had another round, but time is a problem so as normal we split on Control Points scored and then on Points lost during play. The final standings were:
- Dom (Khador)
- Steve (Circle)
- Mike (Khador)
- Conrad (Cygnar)
- Andy (Menoth)
- Aaron (Cryx)
- Nick (Khador)
- Kevin (Khador)
- John W (Cryx)
- Adam (Cygnar)
- Henry (Cygnar)
- John S (Skorne)
- Phil M (Trollblood)
- Bruno (Trollblood)
- Phil G (Menoth)
- John F (Mercenary – Rhul)
- James (Cygnar)
- Paul (Menoth)
So as normal the locals show their strength and hold everyone else up…
The certificates went as follows:
Tournament winner, top Warmachine and top Khador: Dom
Top Hordes and top Circle: Steve
Top Cygnar: Conrad
Top Menoth: Andy
Top Cryx: Aaron
Top Mercenary & Best Painted Army: John F
Top Skorne: John S
Top Troll: Phil M
So the final round with three people who could still win – argh!
- Steve beat Andy by 5 Control points to 2
- Dom beat Kevin by 8 Control points to 2
- Conrad beat Nick by 5 Control points to 4
- Mike beat John S by 7 Control points to 0
- John W beat Henry by 4 Control points to 0
- Aaron beat Phil M by 7 Control points to 4
- Bruno beat James by 7 Control points to 0
- Adam beat John F by 5 Control points to 2
- Phil G beat Paul by 5 Control points to 3
This round leaves me in that interesting situation of 3 winners…
- Steve beat Conrad by 4 Control points to 1
- Dom beat John S by 3 Control points to 2
- Andy beat John W by 4 Control points to 1
- Nick beat Phil M by 5 Control points to 3
- Kevin beat Adam by 7 Control points to 1
- Henry beat James by 5 Control points to 0 (inside 10 minutes as well!)
- Mike beat Phil G by 5 Control points to 3
- Aaron beat Paul by 8 Control points to 1
- John F beat Bruno by 6 Control points to 4
At this point Steve is leading with 3 Wins and 15 Control Points, Andy is in second with 3 Wins, 13 Control points but only 17 points of dead in 3 game! Dom is third with 3 Wins, 13 Control points but a whoopping 40 points in dead.
An interesting second round….
- John S beat Henry by 5 Control Points to 2
- Steve beat Mike by 7 Control points to 1
- Andy beat Nick by 3 Control points to 2
- Conrad beat Phil G by 6 Control points to 4
- Phil M beat John F by 9 Control points to 0
- James beat Aaron by 5 Control points to 1
- Kevin beat Paul by 7 Control points to 3
- Adam beat Bruno by 5 Control points to 4
- Dom beat John W by killing more of his army after drawing 5 all on Control Points.
At this point Steve is leading the Tournament with 2 wins and 11 Control points, however Conrad and Dom are only one point behind!
The locals continue their run of doing really really well in the tournaments (not!)
- Andy beat James by 6 Control points to 1
- Nick beat Paul by 7 Control points to 0
- John S beat Adam by 4 Control points to 3
- Mike beat John F by 4 Control points to 3
- John W beat Kevin by 6 Control points to 0
- Conrad beat Phil M by 4 Control points to 2
- Henry beat Aaron by 4 Control points to 2
- Steve beat Bruno by 4 Control points to 2
- Dom beat Phil G by 5 Control points to 3
18 Players have turned up to play in today’s Tournament with 12 table laid out it should hopefully be fun for our first Mark II tournament.
- Kevin – Khador
- James – Cygnar
- Paul – Menoth
- Phil M – Trollblood
- Henry – Cygnar
- Andy – Menoth
- Dom – Khador
- Steve – Circle
- John F – Mercenary (Rhulic)
- John S – Skorne
- Phil G – Menoth
- Bruno – Trollblood
- Adam – Cygnar
- Conrad – Cygnar
- Nick – Khador
- Aaron – Cryx
- Mike – Khador
- John – Cryx
Two tournaments running, but still time to make a new start. I will try and remember to post the results at the end of each round with the current points totals.
Mark 1 350 point duel Tournament:
- Jan beat James by 7 scenario points to 0
- John F, beat Mick by 5 scenario points to 2
- Darryl beat Paul by 7 scenario points to 4
Mark 2 Resurgence Tournament
- Dom beat Chris by 4 control points to 1, with a final assination thrown in.
- John beat Andy by Assination, although Andy took 5 control points to John’s 1
- John S. beat Bruno by 3 control points to 2.
Well the massive 2250 point Armageddon tournament has been and gone and I didn’t even get to play. Operation Orboros was a failure in terms of it’s deadline, but I could at least fall back on my massive bag of Khadoran figures and build my choice of army. Unfortunately only 4 people bothered to turn up, even with a number of armies on offer. Still the two big battle were fought hard and in the end the Cryxian army of Lichlord Darryl won the day having killed one ‘caster and one ‘lock from the Skorne army led by Tyrant Martyn. The other battle saw the Exemplar Richard with his Menoth horde just about edge out Fellcaller Paul and his mass of Trolls. After almost six hours of play only 4 turns were duelled out.
I’d like to thank everyone for coming up and playing and hope that more people will get enough figures painted in order for them to turn up again, or at least take up the offer of a spare army! Paul did ask if their was an award for the best painted, but on the ground that 90+% of the figures were painted by Paul I declined to award it.
So now on to Armageddon 2010, I promise to have at least one new army to play with I just hope that someone shows up to play against!