Painting 2016

Time for a bit of an update on my painting for this year.  I’ve painted a lot of terrain for Broadsides (you can see much of it here), but I haven’t painted much in the way of figures and so haven’t made much progress on my target for the year, however I have been trying to improve my painting so here are some shots of what I have painted this year:

Enforcers for Broadside 2016
Enforcers for Broadside 2016
IMG_1512
Wolsung Hound of the Baskervilles – Warhound for my Frostgrave warband.
IMG_1509
Nerak the Bold a Confrontation figure, joining my Frostgrave warband.
Cygnar Charger
Cygnar Charger
Advertisements

Broadsides 2016 – Preparation Part 1

Is it nearly the end of March already, what happened – actually lots but I’m not blogging about it as it is all real life.  Still the Easter holidays are here for me, whilst my eldest is still at school!  Time to start double checking the game for Broadsides 2016, this is the Sittingbourne Wargames show on Sunday 12th June.  At some point last year I had the crazy idea of arranging the game for this year and so starting thinking.  The idea is a variant of “Get to the chopper”, in this case it is a Sci-Fi setting so “Get to the lander” seems more appropriate.  The game is set in the Mantic Deadzone universe and the figures making up both sides are from that game with Enforcers trying to get to the lander and a bunch of plague trying to stop them.  This is a participation game with the players taking control of the Enforcers.  Beyond this I haven’t finished details although I intend using a cut down version of the Deadzone rules (need to see the new v2 yet though).  The terrain is the biggest issue and so I set out with this in mind when starting to play with the laser cutter, Rorke’s Drift that was shown at Cavalier last month was one of the earliest cuts.  I thought today that I better actually try laying out the terrain and check how much more I need to cut, we have a 6’x5′ table, but to leave space to organise figures etc we are planning on a 5’x4′ gaming space.  I put down the 6’x4′ green mat that I picked up at SELWEG last year and foled a foot over to give me the right size space, I then started laying out the terrain and this is where I got to:

Terrain for Broadsides
Terrain for Broadsides
IMG_1490
From the opposite side
IMG_1491
A view from one end.

Having put it out I need to build one more Habitat (the flat L-shape represents the last habitiat) and cut two pieces to fill the missing walkway space and I need to replace the corner piece as it doesn’t work with the straights.  Now who thought I couldn’t fill the board?

Deadzone & 100th post

So that last post with books listed was my 100th post on WordPress, boy I need to post more often.

Anyway back to the painting challenge.  My Deadzone Enforcers hit the painting station earlier this week, well my 12 original figures did.  I decided on a paint scheme and launched into it, nice and simple and wow they’re finished already!

Deadzone batch 1
Deadzone batch 1
Deadzone batch 2
Deadzone batch 2

Uniform Grey Army Painter spray, followed by Dark Tone (Army Painter), Vallejo Sky Grey on some bits of armour and a bit of a dry brush on others, then GW Blazing Orange and Coat d’Arms Horse Tone Bay, finished with a wash of Soft Tone on Orange and Bay parts.  Army Painter Red Tone used for eyes.

State of Challenge:

  • Days down = 87
  • Figures complete = 74

Caught up a little bit there, but still behind.  More figures (easy to paint I hope) on the table from yet another system.